Travel and tourism industry is flourishing at a very fast pace all over the world and in India too. So, it can be seen as a great career option in future. For this, numerous institutes have been established to improve the skill set of students according to the respective work procedure. So, here you will find basic details about the post graduate diploma in travel and tourism, job scope, course details and top colleges.
If someone wants to join travel and tourism industry, then he/she can go through a number of options. This course can be done at different levels.
- Undergraduate course in travel and tourism – This course can be pursued after completing 10+2 examinations. It is basically a 3 – year program.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Travel and Tourism – This course is opted after completing graduation by any UGC approved college. It is a 2-year course.
- Certified Courses – Some courses are only certificate courses and they have duration of 1 year normally.
There is a wide scope of jobs in travel and tourism industry. One needs to have skills according to the respective job designation. You can have opportunities in different fields’ like-
- Transport Officer
- Airlines Staff
- Front Office Manager
- Travel Agent
- Tour Operator
- Information Assistant
- Tourism Department Employee
- Tourist Guide
All these jobs have their own levels and differ in terms of salaries. You can pick private companies or government owned companies.
Some of the renowned colleges and universities that provide you with travel & ticketing course and PG Diploma in Travel and Tourism in India are as under-
- Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management (IITTM) -It offers PG Diploma in Tourism Management (PGDTM). It’s a full time 1 year course. This Institute has its branches in different parts of India like Gwalior, Goa, Noida, and Bhubaneshwar.
- Institute of Business Management & Technology, Bangalore -It offers MBA Programme in Tourism for duration of 2 years. It’s a full time course.
- Amity Institute of Travel & Tourism, Noida -It offers Masters in Tourism Administration (MTA). It offers a 2 – year full time course.
- Andhra University, Vishakapatnam -It offers PG Diploma in Tourism Management for 1 year, a part time course.
- Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, Haryana -It offers Master in Tourism Management for 2 years, a full time course.
- Institute of Management Studies, Ghaziabad, NCR -It offers PG Diploma in Tourism Management for 2 years, a full time course.
- Rai Foundation, Navi Mumbai -It offers Masters in Hospitality and Tourism Management for 2 years, a full time course.
- Faculty of Commerce & Management, Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla -It offers Master in Tourism Administration for 2 years, a full time course.
- Bombay University, Mumbai -It offers Advanced Diploma in Tourism & Travel Industry Management for 1 year, a part time course.