Who said that China is only well-known for its lip-smacking cuisine, culture, beautiful monasteries and of course, the Great Wall? This country is also well-known for being a home to several species of endemic birds. Yes, you read that right! So, if you are an avid birder or someone who wants to get close to nature, then please apply for a leave at your office and fly to this amazing country. Now, the obvious question that must be striking you is, which location within China should you visit for a birding spree, right? Well, there are numerous provinces in this vivacious country where you can come across a wide variety of endemic birds. Some of the popular province includes:
- Sichuan Province
- Yunnan Province
- Qinghai Province
All these three provinces are undoubtedly the ideal spots for bird watching in China. So, if you are ready to splurge a lot and can manage to get a long leave from your office, then visit all the aforementioned provinces. But, if you want me to suggest you anyone amongst these birding spots, then I would say visit Sichuan. And believe me, the scenic beauty of this province and of course, the innumerable variety of birds ranging from Chinese Monal to Golden Pheasant, everything will surely mesmerize you.
Here are a few important facts about this strikingly beautiful province. Read on.
Facts to Know before Visiting Sichuan
- Ideal Spots for Birding: Some of the places in Sichuan that are ideal for birding include:
- Wawushan or Mt. Longcangou
- Balang Mountain
- Wolong Nature Reserve
- Flower Lake
- Baxi Village
- Number of Birds: Sichuan is one of those few provinces in China, which is well-known for its pollution-free surroundings. And that is one of the major reasons why around 40% of the bird population in China (about 710 bird species) is found here.
- Best Time to Visit: The ideal month to visit this province for a birding spree is May and June, as you will be able to come across numerous birds (at least 250-300 species).
Hope these two facts about Sichuan province have increased your excitement to visit this province? If yes, then fly to this province as soon as possible and experience nature at its best. But yes, there’s one major advice for you; do not go for a Sichuan birding trip alone. Instead, it’ll be great if you book a birding our package from a reputed travel agency so that you can go on a birding expedition with many other avid birders. Wondering, how will you find a travel agency that arranges birding trips? Well, here are some ways in which you can find one. Take a look.
- Referrals: Do you have a friend, family member or colleague who has been on a birding trip in the past or knows any travel agency that can arrange the same? If yes, then what are you waiting for? Immediately give them a call and ask them about such an agency.
- Search on the Internet: If your close ones cannot refer you any travel agency, then do not worry; the internet is to your rescue. So, you can simply sit back at home, browse the internet and look for travel agencies/agents that can arrange bird watching in China.
Extra Tip: You can drop a question like- “Can anyone suggest me an agency that arranges Sichuan birding tours?” in any social media account you use. Or else, drop this question in Quora. You’ll come across numerous answers, for sure.
- Flip through Travel Magazines: Purchase a few travel magazines that focus on wildlife and adventure tours, and go through them. I can bet that you’ll come across a few adverts about travel agencies that arrange such trips.
Now that you know how to find a travel agency that arranges birding trips in Sichuan Province, China, waste no more time and start your hunt now! Thank me later!